Thursday, March 12, 2015

The Magical World of Crazy Science!!!







As Room T entered the hall I was bursting with excitement and I wondered what crazy experiments we would see this afternoon…
Then it started. At first it was funny magic that made everybody laugh! Then he started mixing ingredients for ‘Elephants Toothpaste’… BOOM! It erupted like an angry volcano, foam flowing down the sides creating a warm red puddle. Next up… ‘The Mizone Trick’ he poured different flavours into the bucket… red, yellow, green, and finally blue. He dipped a cup into the colourful mixture and pulled out - first a red cup, then a blue cup, after that a green cup and finally a yellow cup. Then he tipped up the bucket and it was dry! Next up…’The Bubbles’ He got a gigantic thread net and dipped it into a trash can lid filled with bubble mixture and blew a HUMONGOUS bubble. Big enough to fit me comfortably inside it! The juniors were screaming and yelling there heads off with excitement. I thought I’d go deaf! It was cool! The Crazy Magic Show was an amazing and fun experience!

As I curiously entered the MSS hall I wondered what mad things lay ahead. As I sat down Richard Scholes, AKA Mad Professor, gained my attention using silver rings that randomly connected together. There was a demonstration with a toilet paper machine, and then, unexpectedly it sprayed all over the juniors. Have you ever seen a bubble the size of a plasma screen T.V? Or a bubble inside another bubble? Well I have now! You don’t get elephant toothpaste at a supermarket… But you can at
The Crazy Magical World of Science.
Elephant toothpaste is a mixture of ingredients to make lots of orange and yellow bubbles.

I walked cautiously into the hall and sat down excitedly for the show. He started talking about something and then all these red balls started shooting out of his mouth. The next thing he did was take a hair dryer out of his bag and put a ping pong  ball on top and turn it on. It started floating! The juniors were screaming! I couldn't even hear myself think. The elephant’s toothpaste looked like foam. It was funny. The toothpaste was so cool! He also made a few bubbles inside a big bubble! One was so big! The juniors just wanted to pop it. When it finished I came out with a headache. My ears were screaming but I had fun. 

As Room T walked in to the hall we saw this man standing and waiting for the senior and junior team to all come and sit down. He had a lot of cool equipment ready for using. Then he started with a lot of cool sounds. He got a red squishy ball and put it in his pocket and pushed his stomach and it come up out of his mouth. My highlights were the hair dryer and the ping pong ball - it shot up in the air. The other one was the leaf blower - how it worked was you turn it on and the beach ball flew into mid air and when Pania moved the leaf blower the inflatable beach ball earth moved too.                                        

I wandered into the hall and peeked over everyone’s head. Richard Scholes was standing there with 3 tables behind him. One of the tables had the one and only toilet paper gun. First he attached plain rings together but they had no gap to connect. It was tremendous. My favourite part of the show was the elephant tooth paste.  For this he added a range of crazy ingredients making it grow out of the tube it was mixed in. It just about glided of one of the tables. Orange troth was everywhere. Everyone was pleased. I was sitting at the back so it was hard to see the mad crazy experiments. In no time at all the tremendous crazy science show was over.       

I really wish I could do some magic tricks!
As I excitedly walk into the hall I wonder what awaits me inside… I sit down and begin to watch the show. How do you do that I wonder? Next I saw him popping red balls out of his mouth - has he got something wrong with him. I loved the mega bubbles - they were awesome. They were about the size of a 50 inch TV. The juniors were about to pop the bubbles. Richard used a net a rope, sticks and bubble mix. I wish I could do some of the magic tricks at home.

“Boom! Boom! Boom!” My heart was pounding like a drum as I anxiously waited inside the hall ready for the show to start.
Finally Richard Scholes entered the hall welcomed by a roar of applause by the students and the teachers. Some of the science experiments Richard performed were the Elephant Toothpaste, the Exploding Rockets, the Toilet paper Cannon and the Giant Bubbles. One of my favourite experiments was the rockets.
The rockets involved these ingredients: water, tablets (which dissolve releasing CO2) and a little cylinder container with push on lids.
To do this experiment:
1.    Fill up your containers with water.
2.    Quickly put in your tablet into your containers, push on the lids and put them upside down.
3.    Quickly run to a safe distance and watch them explode.
The show was very entertaining and I had a lot of fun!






No comments:

Post a Comment