Sunday, May 24, 2015

At The Coach House

When we arrived at the Coach House museum, Carol Humphry, Crystal and Brooke’s Grandmother introduced herself and the other helpers. They showed us into the museum and we were split into 4 groups with a guide to show us around. My group started at the beginning of the museum which showed us all the native trees and what their woods looked like, (but there was not wood from a Puriri tree?!) In a cart that people used to buy stuff from was a creepy doll because it only had one eye. The horses looked real. Mrs. Mackie said they were real - they got stuffed! I think that is a bit yuck and since I love animals I think that might be a bit cruel.

We got a quiz booklet to fill in with things about the Anzac displays. I got all the answers right. After we looked at the Anzac display we went to look at the coaches and old machines. There was a coach that we could sit in. It belonged to a mailman who used to drive it from Feilding to Palmerton North with his horse. I really liked going to the Coach House Museum and I learned lots. Thank you to the senior team teachers and all the people at the Coach House and the parents who drove us there.   Ella
 

No comments:

Post a Comment