Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Rm I Use their 5 Senses...



In Rm I we are improving our writing by adding detail and description using our 5 senses.

Here is Mrs Palmer's writing:
I went out of Rm I to the hall kitchen. I got the sausage rolls. I asked two boys to deliver them to the staffroom as I had duty.

Room I gave me some feedback: 'No Mrs Palmer! This is boring and it has no details. It is NOT holding the reader's interest.'

So as a class we rewrote it using our 5 senses- smell, taste, touch, hearing and sight.
Rm I's writing:
As I exited Incredible Rm I a tantalising smell tickled my nostrils. I followed the smell to the hall kitchen. I removed the steaming hot sausage rolls from the rustic oven. 
Children's voices, bouncing balls, doors slamming and moving feet reminded me it was morning tea time. I scanned the playground for helpful children, spotting two I called them over. As I breathed in the freshly cooked aroma of warm pastry and meat, I just couldn't help myself and I popped two little bites in my mouth. They burned as I swallowed.

Mrs Palmer gave Rm I some feedback: 'Wonderful use of your senses to give interesting, vivid details and description. Well done!'


No comments:

Post a Comment